posted by taizou @ 2016-10-23 01:51:41 hhugboy
yet another smallish emulator update - this one makes a bunch of changes to how Sintax games are handled, with the following effects:
- You can now use MOST fixed/hacked/re-released/whatever Sintax ROMs without manually setting the compatibility mode
- This one game I haven't released yet now works
- Hopefully nothing else has broken!
Get it here!
posted by taizou @ 2016-10-02 22:57:41 hhugboy
hey it's new version of hhugboy time again!
This one adds support for some BBD games which I haven't released yet, and also a pirate translation of Dragon Ball Z: Goku Gekitouden which I also haven't released yet. I will soon though!
get it here!
posted by taizou @ 2016-09-04 20:43:11 hhugboy
a small update - this fixes the Li Cheng release Sanguozhi Wudai, which had issues with dialogue boxes not appearing, and also adds support for the Korean-only collection cart Bomberman Selection, which features colourised version of Bomber Boy and Bomberman GB, the latter with a (pretty bad) English translation not seen anywhere else.
get it here!
posted by taizou @ 2016-08-30 01:19:05 hhugboy
hey I made a new version of hhugboy again! This one adds support for a certain type of multicart with menus that look like this:
and that play music from Megami Tensei Gaiden: Last Bible, aka Revelations: The Demon Slayer. I've taken to calling these "Last Bible multicarts" for this reason, given that I have no other unique identifier to refer to them by.
Most notably, this type of cart was used by a certain vastly famous unlicensed developer for a series of multicarts containing their own games.
🐯 But wait! None of these carts are dumped yet?
🦁 ooh you'll just have to wait and see won't you
There are also a few smaller fixes, incuding savestates in Sintax games, and a bunch of refactoring was done in the mapper code which hopefully hasn't broken anything but will make it way easier to add new mappers in future.
I've also moved the project to GitHub from BitBucket - the repo on BitBucket will no longer be updated & I will probably make it private later to avoid confusion.
You can find the new version here!
posted by taizou @ 2016-01-03 23:07:51 hhugboy
yeah three years later, here's another version of this thing. with a bunch of minor changes no one will care about yay
- Adds support for simple address=value hex cheat format, e.g. 1234=1F
- Speed up nearest neighbour filtering a bit
- Option to disable filters on speedup (now enabled by default)
- Fix filterless rendering in 16-bit colour mode
- A bunch of behind-the-scenes code refactoring to facilitate future changes - should have no effect from a user's perspective
get it @ here